Why make it personal? There are times in your life when despite your best efforts you fall short of the funds you need to achieve what you desire. Personal loans can provide a way of achieving what you need in the present by allowing you to pay it off in the future.
Whether you are trying to consolidate your debts, booking an overseas trip or need the money to set up a nursery, we will show you what type of personal loans are available so you can feel comfortable choosing the right one, at the right price.
What to consider when choosing a personal loan
1. The benefits of a personal loan
2. Types of personal loans
3. How to get the best deal on your personal loan
4. Personal loan application Checklist
5. Star Ratings
- The benefits of a personal loan
What’s the difference between a credit card and a personal loan, which both give you access to money you don’t have? The main benefit of a personal loan and what attracts many people to this option compared to a credit card, is that their interest rates are usually lower and you have an allocated time frame in which to pay the loan back. This means that it’s often easier to pay off and you could save you a lot of money in interest.
- Types of personal loans
Secured, unsecured, variable, fixed? With lots of options can sometimes come confusion but it’s important to do your research and pick a loan type that is going to suit your personal needs. A few minutes of reading here could save you a few bucks too.
We have broken it down for you so that you can quickly, and hopefully easily, identify which person loan type is going to meet all your requirements.
– Line of credit
- How to get the best deal on your personal loan
Identifying the need, doing your research and shopping around will ultimately pay in dividends and lead you to uncovering the best personal loan for you.
If you have a loan amount in mind and have identified what type of loan you require then it’s time to get serious and start comparing. Comparing home loans doesn’t mean hours of leg work, instead kick your feet up and start comparing some of Australia’s best personal loans online. To use the RateCity personal loans comparison tool just visit our personal loans page, select which option you would like to search for, whether it’s just compare, low interest, or debt consolidation, then simply enter in the required information so that we can filter the search results to you.
- Personal loan application Checklist
– Work out the amount you want to borrow.
– Calculate how much you can afford to make in repayments.
– Work out how long it will take to pay off, and how often you want to make the repayments (weekly, fortnightly or monthly.)
– Decide whether you will require a secured (if buying an asset such as a car) or unsecured loan.
– Will a fixed or variable rate personal loan suit you?
– Compare personal loans online, look for one with a lower interest rate and lower fees.
– Organise any documentation and paperwork that is required to support you application and have this ready.
– That’s it! You are now ready to apply online.
- Star Ratings
CANSTAR star ratings are a consumer-friendly benchmark that help you compare financial products based on their rates and features. We evaluate literally thousands of products from hundreds of finance institutions. Products offering superior value are awarded five stars.